NEED SUPPORT- unable to get Pidgin 2.10.11 to connect with Google Talk

Gale . nebula1 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 20 15:10:20 EDT 2015

Hello Shlomi,Thank you for your suggestion,

re the default Google Talk preset should just work. Maybe the port is blocked. Can
you send your connection's/errors' log (without the password of course)?I am strictly a consumer, and not terribly computer savvy, at that.. but if you can instruct me on how to do the above, I will try-- I do not even know what a "connection's errors' log" is
... and I don't exactly know what port you may be referring to that might be blocked..If you mean my access to third party apps in Google, I do have those turned off at the moment.. BUT you see, I did try turning access ON, and it did work but only allowed Pidgin access to my gmail account (notifying me of emails in inbox)..> that did not get Pidgin connected to my google talk, though, for some reason...
...so I just turned access to third party apps in Google back off, cause it made me nervous. I received a threatening notification from Google saying: "You recently changed your security settings so that your Google Account is no longer protected by modern security standards... Please be aware that it is now easier for an attacker to break into your account. You can make your account safer again by undoing this change athttps://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps then switching to apps made by Google such as Gmail to access your account.
NOTE: Before I did the above, I received a prior message from Google saying "We recently blocked a sign-in attempt to your Google Account" > so, yes, it appears that Google was blocking Pidgin via my block to third party apps being turned ON..., and when I turned OFF the block to third party apps, Pidgin got through, but as I said, Pidgin ended up only notifying me of new emails into my gmail account > it did not, apparently, connect me to Google Talk.. unless perhaps there is something else that I should do, on top of unblocking access to third party apps?
AND, after reading Google's first message above, re security risk, do you think I have reason to be nervous about unblocking access to third party apps.. and if so, is there a better, more secure way?
BTW: I appreciated your artwork as posted at your site... I applaud you for being so creatively versatile, and then for making the time and effort to share it with the rest of us! (I am an artist, myself)
Thanks again (I am using a different account to further communications with you... too unfamiliar with Gmail to monkey around with it right now :)
Cheers

Sun, 19 Apr 2015 18:43:18 -0400

> I hope I hear back from someone.. not sure if this is proper way to access

> support...

> *I am  unable to get Pidgin 2.10.11 to connect with Google Talk...several

> attempts, varying configurations.*

> thank you :)

the default Google Talk preset should just work. Maybe the port is blocked. Can

you send your connection's/errors' log (without the password of course)?

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/Emma-Watson/

One of Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s episodes took place in the NSA headquarters,

but had to be destroyed, because all of the test audience had uncontrollable

panic attacks.

    — http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/NSA/