Google Talk email notification issue

Pravin Pichad pravin.p88 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 10:03:38 EST 2015

Hello guys,

I am using Pidgin to replace Google Talk client.
I have enabled email notification by modifying my account in Pidgin.
Now the issue is I don't get new email notifications, initially I had
discovered that in order to receive notifications I must minimize the
Pidgin program.
I did, I started receiving new mail notifications but after certain period
of time (may be half hour or one) it stops notifying of new emails.
Program seems to be working fine. When I quit it and login again then I get
notification.

I am on Windows 8.1 x64
Any solutions?