lost menu string in pidgein 2.10.11

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Wed Jan 14 10:39:29 EST 2015

Hi avl.mail.post,

thanks for replying to all recipients.

Since it's possible your attachment was too large for the list filters to
accept, I took the liberty of uploading it here:

http://www.shlomifish.org/Files/files/arcs/avl.mail.post--pidgin-2.10.11.report.zip

On Wed, 14 Jan 2015 20:42:36 +0600
"avl.mail.post" <avl.mail.post at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, see attached .zip file with all descriptions...
> The problem reported at picture pidgin-2.10.11.png,
> there is no main menu that usually under window banner with title 'Buddy
> list' -
> I can't found the way to turn it on...
> Any suggestions ?

1. First of all, a note: you have many files there - including those that are
owned by root - with world-writable permissions - -rw-rw-rw. Why? That is a bad
security practice.

2. Can you try to temporarily rename ~/.purple (NOTE: DO NOT delete it) and
see if the problem persists? If not, you can try bisecting the appropriate
configuration under there. See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisection_%28software_engineering%29

3. Can you check to see whether it happens in a new UNIX user?

4. What is your distribution and version?

5. Why did you compile and build pidgin from source? Doesn't your distribution
have a package?

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish