lost menu string in pidgein 2.10.11

avl.mail.post avl.mail.post at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 11:04:01 EST 2015

Hi Shlomi

> 1. First of all, a note: you have many files there - including those that
are
> owned by root - with world-writable permissions - -rw-rw-rw. Why? That is
a bad
> security practice.

You are right! It was just time to gather information.
Usually I have standart linux security...

> 2. Can you try to temporarily rename ~/.purple (NOTE: DO NOT delete it)
and
> see if the problem persists? If not, you can try bisecting the appropriate
> configuration under there. See:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisection_%28software_engineering%29
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisection_%28software_engineering%29>

I tried again but unfortunately it has no effect.

> 3. Can you check to see whether it happens in a new UNIX user?
Same as previously - has no effect

> 4. What is your distribution and version?

CentOS release 6.6 (Final)
Linux avl 2.6.32-504.3.3.el6.i686 #1 SMP Tue Dec 16 22:55:44 UTC 2014 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux

The distributive was got from http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/isos/i386/
(redirected to http://mirror.yandex.ru/centos/6.6/isos/i386/ for
downloading, than installed).

> 5. Why did you compile and build pidgin from source? Doesn't your
distribution
> have a package?

CEntOS has no pidgin last version,
there are too much additional repositories and not all of them are relevant
or useful.
And do not forget about the incompatibility of the dependent packages in the
repositories
because
​ ​
it is BIG trouble and big inconvinient.

​btw: on my ​
​job PC with Windows 8.1 pidgin version is correct.​

​best regards​
​, Aleksey​