Norton and Bonjour

Stephanie Stalcup stephame7 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 15:04:59 EST 2015

Hello:

I have been having a problem with receiving new conversations from Mac
users on Bonjour.  I am currently using Norton and have configured it to
allow Pidgin connections to and from any computers, and I have tried both
protocol "all" and TCP and UDP for 5298.  Both ways I am still having the
same problem.  When I have people that try to start a conversation with me,
I receive an error in the debug window:

(14:08:15) *bonjour:* Received incoming connection from 0.0.0.0.
(14:08:15) *bonjour:* We don't like invisible buddies, this is not a
superheroes comic

But, if I start the message with a Mac user, the debug window shows it
connecting to an actual IP address.  I have not been able to find a
solution online to this problem.  I am not sure if there is a work around,
or a patch available to solve this problem.

Sincerely,

Stephanie