Facebook not working on pidgin

Nicolai Knaggs nicolai.knaggs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 22:38:00 EDT 2015

Hello,

I have

Pidgin 2.10.9 (libpurple 2.10.9)
9438f4b2904d9574b9e6ffba463d354b3661139f

This just started happening today. It was working fine yesterday. It tries
to login for a long time then I get an error message saying the server
closed the connection.

Can you help me get it working again; here are my account settings:

Protocol: XMPP

Username: My user name from facebook not email.

Domain: chat.facebook.com

Resource: Pidgin

Password: Facebook password

Connection security: Use encryption if available

Allow plaintext auth over unencrypted streams not checked

Connect port: 5222

Connect server: chat.facebook.com

File transfer proxies: this field is left blank

BOSH URL: this field is left blank

Show custom smileys: is checked

Proxy type: Use Global Proxy Settings

---