Facebook not working on pidgin

Nicolai Knaggs nicolai.knaggs at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 11:35:44 EDT 2015

Michael,

After working through the instructions below for windows I still get a message saying that the user name or password is incorrect. I tried the following:

-Restart Pidgin
-Restart Computer
I tried the following for user names:

- Username at chat.facebook.com\pidgin
- Username at chat.facebook.com/pidgin
- Username at chat.facebook.com
- Username/pidgin
- Username\pidgin
- Username
- Email

and I still get the user name is incorrect message. Did I miss something?

I followed the following from you link.

Basic usage

    Install the plugin (see the corresponding section below)
    Restart pidgin

    Add a new account or modify your existing one with the following details:
        Protocol: "Facebook" (NOT "Facebook (XMPP)")
        Username: Either your email, facebook username or phone will work. If you had "username at chat.facebook.com", remove the "@chat.facebook.com" part.

Installing on windows

    Download: libjson-glib-1.0.dll
    Copy the downloaded libjson-glib-1.0.dll to C:\Program Files\Pidgin
    Download the latest libfacebook.dll from the releases
    Copy the downloaded libfacebook.dll to C:\Program Files\Pidgin\plugins

Note: Program Files will be Program Files (x86) on 64-bit Windows.

Thanks,

Nicolai Knaggs