Pidgin XMPP Set Up Errors

Sally Mathis Sally.Mathis at jrcisi.com
Tue Mar 24 09:15:00 EDT 2015

Hello,

I've downloaded Pidgin but I'm having trouble setting up my account. I'm using Pidgin because DCO for CAC cards isn't working on my machine, so I assume I should be choosing the XMPP option?

To set up the account, I've filled in the following in the Modify Account/Basic tab:
Protocol: XMPP
Username: [used DCO username-is this correct, or do I need to make a separate pidgin account?]
Domain: jabber.org
Resource: xmpp
Password: [the password that I use for DCO]
Checked 'Remember my password'
Local Alias: [same as username]
Checked 'new mail notifications' and 'use this buddy icon for this account'
Checked 'create this new account on the server'
Clicked Save

Then I get a red circle with a white hyphen in it next to '[myusername]@jabber.org/xmpp disconnected' and 'policy violation'.

I've tried looking online for a solution but couldn't find anything. Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you!

V/r,

Sally Mathis
Technical Editor
JRC Integrated Systems, Inc.
(202) 735-2745
sally.mathis at jrcisi.com<mailto:sally.mathis at jrcisi.com>

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email from your system immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. JRC accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.