Windows Pidgin Client and Spotify Desktop Client URL Handling

Sebastian Collins sebastian.collins at gmail.com
Mon May 11 10:00:30 EDT 2015

Hi,

I have Chrome as my default browser which I want to maintain as such. If I
am sent a Spotify URL in a buddy chat I would like to be able to click on
the link and for it to then automatically launch my spotify desktop client.
Is this possible?

Currently if I am sent a spotify url in this manner when I click the link
it launches chrome to display a blank tab. If I copy and paste the link
directly into Chrome however it will then launch my Spotify desktop client
but this manual cut and paste effort defeats the purpose.

Any help here would be great.