Is there Google Hangouts support?

Michael McConville mmcconville at mykolab.com
Thu May 14 10:58:23 EDT 2015

Hi, Saul.

We support Google Talk, but not yet Google Hangouts, which is being
developed by Nakul Gulati. The two are similar, though - if you want to
be able to use text chat with other Google users, Google Talk still
works fine.

Many people have strange issues setting up Google Talk because of
two-factor authentication. Here's a guide to fixing that by setting an
application-specific password:

    http://mylinuxbook.com/how-to-get-pidgin-working-with-gtalk/

Best,
Michael