Pidgin issue

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Tue Sep 8 16:11:31 EDT 2015

On 08/09/15 11:22, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Sep 2015 02:40:12 -0700 (PDT)
> Bharati Jain <bharati.jain at oracle.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Team,

There's no team (see below)!

>> Kindly help in resolving the issue asap, as my Pidgin is not working
>> since yesterday!

This is a peer support mailing list for the Pidgin, open source,
multi-protocol, instant messaging client.  It has no access whatsoever
to Oracle's instant messaging service and can only guess what protocol
it uses.

You need to contact Oracle's IT department.  Please explain to them why
you went to the wrong place.  Tell them that dozens more of their
employees are going to the same wrong place, and ask them what they
intend to do to avoid this in future, as it is giving Oracle a bad name.

> you'll need to contact Oracle IT to have it fixed

Rodney,

Most people do not subscribe to the mailing list.  I think most Oracle
employees thing the email address is for some sort of commercial support
contact centre.  Unless responding to a regular, you always need to do