Google Talk - some buddies appearing offline when they're not

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Mon Apr 11 16:46:08 EDT 2016

That does sound like it could be serverside.  Is there any pattern to
buddies that display online and offline?  Like, is it those 'public' xmpp
addresses (with the random numbers/hex in them) that appear as offline?  Or
just buddies that were added after a certain date?

Alternatively, you could try the new Hangouts plugin that I'm working on
that uses the same Hangouts protocol that the mobile (and web) apps use.
https://bitbucket.org/EionRobb/purple-hangouts

Cheers,
Eion