Google Talk - some buddies appearing offline when they're not

Thomas Preece thomas at thomaspreece.net
Tue Apr 12 06:28:57 EDT 2016

HI Eion,

Thanks for your response.

I can't find any conclusive patterns - the only correlation is that users
appear online to me after they have logged in on mobile:
* one who only uses mobile appeared straight away
* one who was on desktop at first initially appeared offline but then after
logging in on mobile then appeared and has been consistently appearing
correctly ever since
* others who don't use mobile at all always appear offline

I'll give your plugin a go and see whether it makes any difference - thanks
for pointing me to it!

Many thanks,
Thomas