Unable to login to Pidgin

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Mon Jan 4 08:01:41 EST 2016

The last message was from someone who doesn't understand how to use
mailing lists and has got stuck on the list as a result.  She needs to
go to <https://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/support> and fill in
the box before the button that says "unsubscribe or edit options".

Regarding the original question, you cannot log on to Pidgin.  What you
are failing to log onto is Office Communicator.

Office Communicator support appears to be provided by a third party
plugin, so you need to contact the maintainers of that plugin directly
as this list doesn't cover third party plugins.  There seems to be more
than one, so I don't know which you are using.

NTLM authentication is one of the authentication schemes used by
Microsoft software.  It is possible that the server you are using does
not support that and requires MS Kerberos.  I don't know if the plugin
you are using supports that.