can't find it

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Sun Jan 24 15:27:16 EST 2016

Hi Erica,

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 13:11:27 -0500
Erica <erica at ericas.com> wrote:

> So sorry!  I just clicked the link and jumped!  You are being very patient.

:-)

> I'm new to Windows 10, but not computers.
> Browser is Firefox.

OK. :-).

> Yes, I installed it.  Actually my son installed it.  I didn't know the
> answers to some of the options.  He is IT guy for our business and my
> computer.
> Yes I searched.  All I can find is the Installer, in downloads. I
> searched in "all apps" too.
> I want to change from ICQ which we've used forever, because in Windows
> 10 it shows available just because a computer is on, and our computers
> are almost always on, but we aren't always on them.

I see.

> After writing this, I found it in program files and I just got it
> going!  Thank you.  It recognized the two people I work with.  Do I
> delete ICQ now?

You can either uninstall the official ICQ client, or you can keep it installed
on the computer and prevent it from running by default (I have no idea how to
do that though).

Note that I maintain a list of some instant messaging clients (including
Pidgin) here:

http://www.shlomifish.org/open-source/resources/networking-clients/#instant-messaging

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Sarah: Tell you what, Ken? Why not come to the diner, and I’ll pay for your
food and drinks. I’ve been earning quite a lot of cash from tips. You can tell
us stories from this dimension of evil of yours.
    — http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/Buffy/A-Few-Good-Slayers/