New Yahoo messenger with Pidgin client

Eion Robb eionrobb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 16:02:05 EDT 2016

Hi Arulraj,

I've been looking over the new Yahoo but everyone seems to think it's
terrible, posting in their forums and user feedback pages about how awful
the new messenger is.

The new messenger is a completely new client and protocol with the word
"yahoo" slapped on it and it seems to have no connection to the old
messenger (new buddy list, no message interop, no message formatting, other
loss of functionality)

So my question is: is it worth it?

Should we be writing support for a protocol that noone wants when users are
leaving en masse?

Interested in your thoughts on the matter as most people I've heard from
about it are looking at alternative networks, rather than sticking with
Yahoo.

Cheers,
Eion