How to get pidgin working on a server with no SSL cert

dan bowser bowsercommadan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 11:11:01 EDT 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to get Pidgin to work with a jabber server run by mordus angels,
it's an eve online group. After I tried a few solutions offered by google,
which involved manually retrieving the SSL cert via Firefox or console
command, I spoke with the server admin and confirmed that the host,
http://mordusangels.net/, doesn't have an SSL certificate. Since he was
pretty firm about being too lazy to get an SSL certificate I'd like to know
if there's a way to just ignore the certification all together?

Regards,
Dan