Trouble with transmiision n pidgin

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Tue Dec 19 14:26:00 EST 2017

Hi Kamil,

What versions of Pidgin are you using on Win7/Lubuntu/WinXP?

Unfortunately, file transfers with XMPP are complicated and there are
several different methods that a file can be sent behind the scenes.
Pidgin will try to use the fastest method available, with a fallback to a
very slow, but reliable, file transfer method.

Things that you can configure to help ensure the fastest possible file
transfer:
 * Use the latest version of Pidgin on all platforms
 * Set up a 'STUN server' in Tools->Preferences->Network->STUN server,
e.g.  stun.pidgin.im    and then make sure the "Use automatically detected
IP address" setting is enabled
 * Make sure the 'Enable automatic router port forwarding' setting is
enabled in Tools->Preferences->Network
 * Set up a jabber file transfer proxy on your jabber server, and then
change the config in Accounts->Manage Accounts->{Your XMPP
account}->Advanced, from the default of proxy.eu.jabber.org

If that still all doesn't help, then you'll need to supply a debug log from
Help->Debug Window as you attempt to send a file.

Cheers,
Eion