Protocol precedence

Alex pidgin at alexoren.com
Mon May 29 17:50:21 EDT 2017

Hello,

I would like to set protocol priority per buddy.

Here are some cases:

1) One of my contacts uses Jabber (desktop) and Hangouts (mobile).
When they are not available on Hangouts, their status is shown as "Invisible" (this is the case with all my Hangouts contacts).
When they are inactive on Jabber, their status changes to "Extended away", even though they are at the computer.
Unfortunately, the Hangouts "Invisible" status seems to take precedence, and I often end up sending to the wrong device.

I would like to indicate that for that contact, the Jabber connection always takes precedence over Hangouts unless it's offline.

2) Another contact uses Skype (desktop) and Hangouts (mobile).
Sometimes they forget to log out of Hangouts, but for some reason it takes precedence over Skype, and again I end up sending to the wrong device.

I would like to indicate that for that contact, the Skype connection takes precedence over Hangouts when they are both available.

How can I do that?

Thanks,
Alex.