AIM Account

Konstantin Kharlamov hi-angel at yandex.ru
Tue Nov 7 23:07:28 EST 2017

I think you probably misunderstand what Pidgin is. It's a messaging
client that is driven by community, same as this mailing list is. Though
it supports hangouts, AIM, ICQ, skype, etc; but have nothing to do with
either of those companies, and does not get any support from them in
particular.

The Pidgin account you created to use AIM is just an information local
to your PC about how to interact with a particular protocol (e.g. AIM).
It is not stored elsewhere. Imagine you wanted to use Pidgin with XMPP
on your local network — having to connect to Internet would be a major
inconvenience.