Recovering Log or Buddylist

Richard Hector richard at walnut.gen.nz
Wed Nov 8 21:08:09 EST 2017

That assumes the friend is (was) on the server that's down. I assumed it
was the poster's server which was no longer active.

~/.purple/blist.xml seems to have my buddy list on linux; I don't know
where it would be on other systems.

Likewise, ~/.purple/logs/jabber/<my_user_id>/ seems to contain all my
chat logs - arranged by remote user id, which is convenient for this case.

Richard