Trillian with Pidgin

Rich Allcorn rich at allcorn.us
Mon Nov 13 20:36:52 EST 2017

After using it, I don’t really care for Trillion.  Maybe it’s just their app ...

You can use GoogleTalk (now Hangouts), Facebook Messenger, and even SKYPE.  You have many options.

- rich -

Rich Allcorn
email:  rich at allcorn.us

15612 Poynette Place, Austin Texas  78717-5351  USA
01 512.782.9979 voice | 01 512.844.7424 cell |
rich at allcorn.us Google & Apple Chat/Video/Voice  -  richallcorn  SKYPE Chat/Video/Voice
KW7PTL  |  WQTS370       146.640MHz & 466.000  | GMRS  ch21/code7    "DJ"

A man's gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men ...    [Proverbs 18:16  NASB]

   Apple (.vcf)  |  Android (.csv)  |  Windows (.csv)   +  add  Headshot (.jpg)
... don't forget to check out my LINUX page with loads of info, resources and information!

Locate me now, using the magic of Ham radio:  <click here>

On Nov 13, 2017, at 18:03, pidgin at alexoren.com wrote:

> On 2017-11-13 5:54 PM, MIKE HARTMANN wrote:
> Hi there,
> I LOVE pidgin and would like to continue to use it. I currently use it with AIM but with AIM going away, most of my contacts are moving to trillian. Is it possible to use Pidgin with Trillian? I would absolutely pay a decent amount for that option.

As far as I know, there is no Pidgin plugin that supports Trillian's native protocol.

However, since both Pidgin and Trillian natively support XMPP, a possible workaround is to ask the Trillian users to create a Jabber account and link it in Trillian.