Pidgin 2.12.0

Kyle Foerster darfix at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 01:43:04 EST 2017

Greetings,

The current version of Pidgin states on your website that "AIM is not
breaking, update to the latest version of Pidgin to keep using it".  I
wager this relates to AIM a year or two ago when the first "scare" that AIM
was going down happened?

Now that AIM is going to be brought down on December 15th, 2017, I am
pretty sure this statement is false.

If I am wrong though I would love to hear it.  I see that ICE IM is
offering a supposed "migration" from AIM to their instant messenger, but
they've not sent me a confirmation email yet for my account, so I am
inclined to keep using Pidgin if Pidgin will still be able to use AIM's
protocols.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Kyle