Pidgin 2.12.0

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Mon Nov 20 03:58:45 EST 2017

Hi Kyle,

Unfortunately it's the AIM servers going down, so while Pidgin can still
talk the AIM protocol, it'll have nothing to connect to.  There is a 3rd
party AIM server being worked on at http://iwarg.ddns.net/aim/index.php
that will let you keep using the AIM protocol on new servers.

I have seen ICE IM pop up from time to time, but have never seen what
protocol they're using, other than it "attaches to Skype personal" whatever
that means.  If you do manage to get an account with them, I'd be
interested to see what protocol it actually is, as it's always fun to add
more protocols to Pidgin -
https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/ThirdPartyPlugins#AdditionalProtocols

Cheers,
Eion