Other domains

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Fri Oct 6 17:52:49 EDT 2017

Users need to have accounts on at least one of the services used by each
of the other people.

Pidgin doesn't care about domain names, but the services may do.  I
think at least some services will accept user names in the form of email
addresses with any domain name, even if there are some domain names
typically associated with that service.  I think the Microsoft ones did
that.

Generally, you need to understand that Pidgin is a multi-service client,
but the sort of restrictions you are talking about are set by the
server, not the client.