Pidgin showing Adium status

Rich Allcorn rich at allcorn.us
Wed Oct 18 18:24:05 EDT 2017

Most people I know after working with Adium for a while, switch back to Pidgin, and find a way to get it working on their Mac. Adium is just too… “buggy“.

- rich -

Rich Allcorn
email:  rich at allcorn.us

15612 Poynette Place, Austin Texas  78717-5351  USA
01 512.782.9979 voice | 01 512.844.7424 cell |
rich at allcorn.us Google & Apple Chat/Video/Voice  -  richallcorn  SKYPE Chat/Video/Voice
KW7PTL  |  WQTS370       146.640MHz & 466.000  | GMRS  ch21/code7    "DJ"

A man's gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men ...    [Proverbs 18:16  NASB]

   Apple (.vcf)  |  Android (.csv)  |  Windows (.csv)   +  add  Headshot (.jpg)
... don't forget to check out my LINUX page with loads of info, resources and information!

Locate me now, using the magic of Ham radio:  <click here>

On Oct 18, 2017, at 15:12, Wade Smart <wadesmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 10:15 AM,  <felix at crowfix.com> wrote:
> I am slowly migrating away from a company Mac back to my own Linux laptop, running Ubuntu (not my first choice, but approved-Ubuntu beats unapproved Gentoo or offical Mac) and Pidgin.  Pidgin migration was easy enough and it's interesting seeing all the plugins and choices.
>
> However!  It doesn't coordinate well with everyone else running Adium on Macs.  A few show up as online, but almost everybody else is offline, except they also show a "Status (Adium): Available" when I hover over their name.  If I set to only show online accounts, they don't appear.
>
> Is there some option or plugin which translates Adium statii to Pidgin?
>
> $ pidgin --version
> Pidgin 2.12.0 (libpurple 2.12.0)

I think that ones status is based on the client thru the protocol used.
They might have their status set as invisible or something along those
lines that doesnt show up for you.

Wade
--
Registered Linux User: #480675