Synchronizing Pidgin configurations across computers

pidgin at alexoren.com pidgin at alexoren.com
Mon Oct 30 10:43:01 EDT 2017

On 2017-10-30 9:57 AM, Winston Weinert wrote:
> I'd like to synchronize my Pidgin's .purple dot-file across computers,
> and use the configuration simultaneously on two different machines. My
> understanding is each XMPP login needs a separate resource, and the logs
> will clobber for starters. I've also noticed there is a blist.xml that
> gets updated whenever Pidgin is active...
>
> So I guess my question turns into, is it possible to set up Pidgin to be
> more synchronization friendly? I also use OTR and a few other plugins.

As far as I know, there is no provision in pidgin for synchronizing.
Everything (configuration files, conversation logs, etc) is kept as local resources, usually files (although there is a plugin that allows storing conversation history in a DB).

I currently use a low-tech approach consisting of DIFFing the relevant folders and manually resolving differences.