Pidgin security

Pavel Křivák pavel.krivak at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 17:26:16 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am wondering about switching from Miranda NG to Pidgin - with all the
protocols I use (gtalk, skype, facebook, ICQ, XMPP).

Unfortunately, it seems that Pidgin does not support any security settings
within these accounts I try to use - there is no SSL settings I can find or
any other "force encryption" checkboxes. At the same time I cannot believe
Pidgin could use unencrypted communication, or even sending login/passwords
this way. It also strikes me it is very hard to find anything on this topic
on the internet. Do you have any relevant information for me in this
respect?

Thank you so much.

P.