ICQ Official announcement

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Thu Dec 20 17:52:16 EST 2018

Hi Eugene,

We were in touch with the ICQ developers in November about their new
protocol and they were organising some documentation for us about it.  The
last email we've had is from near the start of Nov though, so I've reached
back out to them to see if they've got anything available for us yet.

They had assured us that the OSCAR protocol wasn't going away any time soon
though, but they might have changed their minds about that.

Their new protocol, called WIM, is a JSON-over-HTTP/Websockets protocol
that I have some packet captures of (and that I intended to write a new
protocol plugin for) however I was waiting to see if there was any official
documentation before starting on a reverse-engineered plugin - it's always
nicer if there's some official docs to try and help make the protocol more
'stable' and less likely to break if we implement something that's likely
to change on the server side.

Cheers,
Eion