Pidgin on iPhone

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Tue Jan 2 15:19:48 EST 2018

On 02/01/18 18:06, Maribel Navos wrote:

> Quick question, since I’ve updated my iPhone 7 to iOS 11 my pidgin on my
> phone does not work.  It gives me this message: The developer of this
> app needs to update it to work with iOS 11.  Could you please tell me
> when we are able to access pidgin through our iPhone?

As far as I know, Pidgin doesn't work with any phone, as phones don't
support the GTK+ user interface library.  I suspect you are, as seems
common in Oracle, confusing Pidgin with Oracle's internal IM service,
and you were actually using an application other than Pidgin to access
that service.

You probably need to look for an XMPP client for iOS 11.