Unable to remove buddies (delete permanently from buddy list)

Cedric Bhihe cedric.bhihe at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 12:44:51 EST 2018

Hello:
I run pidgin 2.12.0 on Archlinux with the Telegram purple plugin.
Everything works chat wise except for a very annoying snag: I can't
seem to be able to remove buddies permanently. This happens in
one of two ways:

1) normal buddy with a usual chat stream
As I remove it, the buddy disappears from the list of buddies only until
I restart pidgin.
Then it's back.

2) secret chat stream
In that case the buddy name start with "!".  If I try to remove it
permanently,
it asks for confirmation. If I click yes, Pidgin quits. Restarting
Pidgin is as if
I had not performed any action. The list is back with all unwanted buddy
names in it.

How can I get rid of unwanted buddies in my buddy list permanently in
cases 1 and 2 ?
Is this even a question for Pidgin ? Or should I direct it toward
Telegram ?
(In telegram proper I never had that trouble.)

Cheers.