Urgent! Action required- Connection failed: pidgin

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Wed Jan 17 05:17:16 EST 2018

On 17/01/18 10:07, Elza Wagih wrote:
> Dear Team,

There is no team, this is a public, peer support, mailing list.

> I need your help urgently please, I can’t access Pidgin.
>
> Kindly find Printscreenshot below. Thank you!

The fact that you have a screenshot indicates that you can access
Pidgin.  Pidgin is only the client.  What you can't access is Oracle's
internal (we suspect XMPP) server.  Only Oracle has any access to that.

We are advised that people within the Oracle network can use
<http://my.oracle.com/site/git/1591/index.htm> for more information; for
outsiders, like us, it just redirects to the public home page.

Please explain to whoever should be supporting you why you went to the
wrong place, and suggest how they could fix that in future.