Cannot Login to Pidgin after changing Passwords

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Mon Jan 22 13:12:03 EST 2018

It's never possible to log in to Pidgin, as Pidgin is a just a client
that sends log in requests to a server.  The server belongs to your
company, not to anyone associated with this public mailing list, or the
pidgin software.  We can only guess what it is, and have absolutely no
control over it.

Standard response to the Oracle users whose misdirected problem reports
accounts for about 50% of the traffic on this list:

We are advised that people within the Oracle network can use
<http://my.oracle.com/site/git/1591/index.htm> for more information; for
outsiders, like us, it just redirects to the public home page.

Please explain to whoever should be supporting you why you went to the
wrong place, and suggest how they could fix that in future.