Unicode emojis shown as tofu

pidgin at alexoren.com pidgin at alexoren.com
Wed Aug 28 20:50:58 EDT 2019

Doesn't Pidgin on Linux use a version that supports Emoji?  Why not achieve parity?

Also, what "new version" of GTK is needed?  I was trying the latest version of 2.x, my attempts at using 3.x failed completely.

I have no experience of working with GTK, and frankly this experience feels like going to the doctor with a stomach ache and being told to manually remove my own appendix.

Using the themes is hardly a solution since I doubt they have all of the unicode emojis that people use.  That said, can you suggest one that is reasonable extensive?

Thank you,
Alex.