Unicode emojis shown as tofu

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Wed Aug 28 21:14:53 EDT 2019

Hi Alex,

Can you try the json-glib dll from
https://eion.robbmob.com/libjson-glib-1.0.dll ?  You might have one that
has the g_unichar_validate() function linking as part of libgobject rather
than libglib.

> what "new version" of GTK is needed?
The one that uses harfbuzz.  I'm not sure what version that is, sorry.

>  I was trying the latest version of 2.x, my attempts at using 3.x failed
completely.
Pidgin 2 works with GTK 2.  Pidgin 3 works with GTK 3.

> this experience feels like going to the doctor with a stomach ache and
being told to manually remove my own appendix.
Welcome to free, self-service, open source? :)

> can you suggest one that is reasonable extensive?
https://github.com/stv0g/unicode-emoji has everything up to Unicode 6.0

Cheers,
Eion