pidgin on iphone

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu Jan 10 06:31:00 EST 2019

On 10/01/2019 04:46, Anagha Shah wrote:

> Is there any app for iphone using which I can login to pidgin?

Pidgin is a client, so it logs in to things.  You cannot log in to it.

You appear to be an Oracle user, but Oracle do not publish details of
their internal servers.  We suspect it is XMPP based and there are XMPP
clients for iPhone.  Pidgin will not be ported to Apple ecosystem
products because the developers consider that Apple Store policies are
incompatible with open source licences.

Standard response for Oracle users:

We are advised that people within the Oracle network can use
<http://my.oracle.com/site/git/1591/index.htm> for more information; for
outsiders, like us, it just redirects to the public home page.

Please explain to whoever should be supporting you why you went to the
wrong place, and suggest how they could fix that in future.