XMPP to 8x8 servers

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Thu Jan 17 17:40:31 EST 2019

Hi again,

Can you confirm what settings you have set in Tools->Plugins->NSS
Preferences->Configure for the Minimum and Maximum TLS/SSL version, and
what version of Pidgin you're using.

According to https://xmpp.net/result.php?domain=uc.8x8.com&type=client the
server supports TLS1.2 and TLS1.1 but you might have that disabled in your
NSS settings.  It also lists out the SSL ciphers that the server supports,
so you can try to match with what you have set.

Cheers,
Eion