Pidgin Opens and Closes right away Windows 10

Gene Cunningham Gene at deltabridge.com
Fri Jan 25 19:40:56 EST 2019

Please see attached

From: Eion Robb [mailto:eion at robbmob.com]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2019 14:06
To: Gene Cunningham <Gene at deltabridge.com>
Cc: support at pidgin.im
Subject: Re: Pidgin Opens and Closes right away Windows 10

Hi Gene,

Sorry to hear you had trouble with getting a debug log.  Unfortunately without either the debug log or the Pidgin.rpt file, there's not much we can do to help.  The Pidgin.rpt file should be the easiest one to get to and attach to an email, as this file is already created every time there's a crash in Pidgin.  Just as a reminder, that file lives at %appdata%\.purple\  (you can copy-paste that path into Explorer to jump straight to the Pidgin config folder).

Unfortunately as you've found, uninstalling/reinstalling Pidgin and clearing out any registry files won't help with any crashes if there's a particular plugin or server you're using that's causing a crash.  If you could let us know what version of Pidgin you're using, by right-clicking on the Pidgin.exe file in your %programfiles%\Pidgin folder, going to the Details tab and finding the "Product version" entry.  It would also help to know what kind of account you're connecting to in Pidgin; XMPP or IRC or something like that.

Cheers,
Eion