Google G Suite chat support?

Peter Moore - FTL peter at ftllabscorp.com
Thu Mar 7 13:32:56 EST 2019

Hi,
Long time Pidgin user/lover (Thx!).

My company just switched from using regular gmail to G Suite and i'm not sure how to enter my new account info in pidgin.

my new G Suite email/account is peter at ftllabscorp.com

Since it's a google account w/chat function I select the XMPP protocol as usual.

I've tried a few user name / domain combos but none work.

user name / domain:
* peter / gmail.com obviously won't work
* peter at ftllabscorp.com / gmail.com wouldn't work because it became peter/gmail.com which obviously won't work
* peter / ftllabscorp.com seemed like it should work but tries for a while and can't connect.  I have changed my G Suite security settings to allow less secure devices so i dunno...

Is there some other protocol for G Suite or ?

Advise?  Thx!!
Best Regards,
Peter Moore, Design Engineer
FTL Labs