Hide New IM Conversations

David Nelson daivddd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 17:59:56 EDT 2019

Windows 7
Pidgin 2.13.0 (libpurple 2.13.0)

I've searched many sites and forums and plugins but have not found a true
answer.

Sometimes I do not want to be notified when I receive a Pidgin IM, in
particular not have a new conversation window pop up.  I set
Preferences/Hide New IM Conversations to "Always", and I have tried both to
check and un-check Minimize New Conversation Windows.

At times it works...I receive an IM and no window pops up.  Most other
times, however, nothing having been changed, the window pops up again.

Does someone know why?  How can I set Pidgin to NOT pop up a new
conversation window when I receive a Pidgin IM?

Thanks!!