having a problem with otr

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Tue Mar 19 15:39:57 EDT 2019

Hi there,

After downloading and installing the OTR plugin, did you enable it through
the Tools->Plugins->Off-The-Record Messaging?  You'll need to tick the
checkbox next to the name to enable the plugin.

"Not Authorized" can mean a few different things, but the main cause is
when the other person hasn't accepted your friend request.

If you want to block messages from people who aren't on your buddy list,
you can use the Tools->Privacy menu to change your filters to only allow
people who are on your buddy list to contact you.

Cheers,
Eion