Unable to connect to BOS server: Connection refused.

Angel cmmcangel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 15:46:50 EDT 2019

Hi!

Looked at all the old stuff, and this has happened before, but
nothing new came up. Is there a new upgrade for this??

Pidgin was working fine until today when the ICQ program, resident
and running on the task bar, got closed accidentally. Ok, I closed
it. Forgot it had to be on. So, I get the error message: Unable to
connect to BOS server: Connection refused.

Tried *everything* (reloading Pidgin, deleting Pidgin, reinstalling
newest version, re-launching ICQ, playing with the settings in
Pidgin, deleting account and making new -w/same settings) and ... Nada.

Under Modify Account, the server listed is login.icq.com,  I do not
see it in the list of SSL servers:
api.icq.net,
api.login.icq.net
api.oscar.aol.com
api.screenname.aol.com
bos.oscar.aol.com
edit.yahoo.com
www.yahoo.com
and couldn't find info online to add it for myself.

So.  H E L P !!

Thank you, one and all.

Angel