Unable to connect to BOS server: Connection refused.

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Sat Mar 30 01:39:24 EDT 2019

(please include support@ in any replies)

To switch to the new protocol you'll need to edit the account and change
from ICQ to ICQ (WIM).

If you're still seeing the BOS error, then you're using the old protocol
still

Cheers,

On Sat, 30 Mar 2019 at 12:14, Angel <cmmcangel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Elon,
>
> I did get the message last year and did move to the new one. It was
> working fine until I closed ICQ yesterday.
>
> Thank you for the link.  Here's what I did: Closed Pidgin completely Downloaded
> these two files to folder on desktop libicyque.dll
> <https://eion.robbmob.com/libicyque.dll>    libjson-glib-1.0.dll
> <https://eion.robbmob.com/libjson-glib-1.0.dll> Opened Windows Explorer Draged
> libicyque.dll  into C:\Program Files (x86)\Pidgin\plugins\ folder Draged
> libjson-glib-1.0.dll  to C:\Program Files (x86)\Pidgin\ (not plugins!)
> folder Restarted Pidgin No joy. Still getting "*unable to connect to BOS
> server. Connection refused*"
>
> Starting "Panic Mode"!
>

> ------------------------------
> At 02:08 PM 3/29/2019, you wrote:
>
> Hi there,
> You probably got a message from the ICQ servers near the end of last year
> that said they were shutting down the old service and that you'd need to
> move to their new one?  There's a new plugin that connects to the new
> protocol and replaces the existing one in Pidgin:
> https://github.com/EionRobb/icyque
> Cheers, Eion
>
> ------------------------------
      On Sat, 30 Mar 2019 at 08:47, Angel <cmmcangel at gmail.com> wrote: Hi!
Looked at all the old stuff, and this has happened before, but nothing new
came up. Is there a new upgrade for this??
Pidgin was working fine until today when the ICQ program, resident and
running on the task bar, got closed accidentally. Ok, I closed it. Forgot
it had to be on. So, I get the error message: Unable to connect to BOS
server: Connection refused.

Tried *everything* (reloading Pidgin, deleting Pidgin, reinstalling newest
version, re-launching ICQ, playing with the settings in Pidgin, deleting
account and making new -w/same settings) and ... Nada.
Under Modify Account, the server listed is login.icq.com,  I do not see it
in the list of SSL servers: api.icq.net, api.login.icq.net api.oscar.aol.com
api.screenname.aol.com bos.oscar.aol.com edit.yahoo.com www.yahoo.com and
couldn't find info online to add it for myself.
So.  H E L P !!

Thank you, one and all.
Angel