question about the nickname

Much, Steffen Much at schlaeger.com
Mon May 27 07:36:19 EDT 2019

Hello,
we are using pidgin together with openfire.
The authentication runs with LDAP and we have configured openfire that the nickname is filled with the LDAP information "displayname".

The login with pidgin works fine but the nickname is not automatically filled with the LDAP information. The Nickname is empty and in conversations i see for the sender the username at xmpp-domain/<resourceID> info.

How can i achieve, that the nickname is automatically filled with the LDAP information ?

Thanks
Best regards