question about the nickname

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Mon May 27 19:21:42 EDT 2019

Hi Steffen,

If you right-click on a buddy and choose 'Get Info' does the alias for that
user update?
In the XMPP server, is the nickname of the ldap user set to update the
alias in the xmpp roster?

The sender is configured in the client through the 'Local Alias' setting in
Pidgin, through Tools->Accounts->Manage Accounts->{The XMPP
Account}->Modify->Local alias

Cheers,
Eion