Audio/video calls

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Fri Apr 3 04:37:53 EDT 2020

Hi there,

There's a couple of things you can try to improve chances of the
voice/video call working:

1. Add in a stun server to  Tools->Preferences->Network->Stun Server.   If
your server doesn't provide one, then you can try stun.ekiga.net or try
google for other public stun servers - a stun server helps you find your
external IP address to communicate to the other side of the call, and can
help get through firewalls (with something called UDP hole-punching if you
were wondering)
2. Make sure the 'Enable automatic router port forwarding' option is
checked, and then ensure your router supports UPnP - this generally helps
with establishing connections

Hope that helps.  If not, would you be able to provide a debug log (from
the buddy list, Help->Debug Window) from the point of just before trying to
establish a call until just after the call is connected?

Cheers,
Eion