trying to control font size...

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 16:05:58 EST 2020

Eion Robb wrote on 2/19/20 1:50 PM:
> Hi there,
>
> You might want to try looking at the Pidgin GTK+ Theme Control plugin in
> Tools->Plugins.  It'll let you set the style of text in the history (upper)
> panel, as well as in the entry (lower) panel.  From what you've mentioned,
> it sounds like you're adjusting the font size of what you're sending to the
> other person, rather than just the display of 'unstyled' text (which is
> what the plugin controls)

I've checked with the person at the other end, and he says that yes, he's
seeing my text at a larger size than his.

You say that I'm "adjusting the font size", but where is a control for that?
Ah! I found it ... I hate icons; I never know what they mean, and in this case
the "font smaller" and "font larger" icons look to be almost identical.

So, problem probably fixed. Thank you very much. [I probably had accidentally
clicked on the "font larger" icon/button at some point without realising
either what the button did or that I had clicked it.]

  Doc

--
Web:  http://enginehousebooks.com/drevans