SASL EXTERN availabe

chatter at dnmx.org chatter at dnmx.org
Thu Jul 16 10:59:15 EDT 2020

Dear Pidgin,

at first, thank you for the great client!

I have a problem using Pidgin, built in Tails 4.8 and connect it to the
freenode-IRC over tor network.
Freenode says it is required to create a X509 certificate and set up the
client to SASL-EXTERNAL or ECDSA-NIST256P-CHALLENGE authentification mode.

The version of Pidgin is "libpurple 2.13.0" contained in Tails 4.8. Is
there any possibility to use this authentification mode in Pidgin?
I cannot find anything about the certificates in the documentation...

greetings
Chatter