Problems making a smiley theme

Alex Oren pidgin at alexoren.com
Sat Jul 25 13:00:07 EDT 2020

I tried creating a smiley theme based on the JoyPixels emoji set.

Unfortunately it does not seem to work. Some sequences do not get replaced, sometimes the ":" is replaced with an icon even though it is not in the theme (inconsistently), etc.

I have uploaded the theme to mega ( https://mega.nz/folder/Cl8xhBwY#VpEEanGyqGd_p780i8Scgw ), a full zip file with icons and just the theme file.

Note that the conversion includes both the fully_qualified and unqualified Unicode sequences (as well as the long and short names, and ASCII emoticons where applicable) so the Unicode character will appear twice when you open it in an editor.

Your help is appreciated!

I also posted this question on the Pidgin Reddit but got no responses.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pidgin/comments/hsbpuk/problems_making_a_smiley_theme/