Migrating configuration across systems

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Thu May 7 16:55:13 EDT 2020

Hi Robert,

The .purple directory holds everything about your account that you would
need.  Since it's possible for Pidgin to load config from a different
folder with command line options, maybe double check what folder is being
used by Pidgin by first opening up the debug log (Help->Debug Window) then
opening the preferences screen (Tools->Preferences), make a change to a
setting then change it back, then wait for the " util: Writing file
prefs.xml to directory" message to show up in the debug log.

Cheers,
Eion